Sunday, January 10, 2010

melbourne is my place

i caught a flight to melbourne. fred invited me to thecity. fred was an exchange student in san diego and met my great guy friends. i met him once last year, exactly a year ago actually in SD. so i contacted him before coming to australia and he was in melbourne. lucky me.

dropped my stuff off at a hostel and fred and i went to explore and have a beer. this one beer flourished into a week of marina and fred. fred and marina. 

melbourne is one of my favorite places. its filled with music and art and grafitti art and paint everywhere and cute cafes and pubs. and the amazing st kilda road hosted the venue where i first realized. the ESPY.

we saw Roots Menuva and  Dialated Peoples, DJ's from New Zealand, rappers from aussie and new zealand. wow i cant get enough of that place.

i saw a b boy on the streets of melbourne. i saw nikes on all their feet. i saw boom boxes old school next to parks. 

we went to the Dennis Hopper exhibition. you must get to know how talented and creative that man is. We went to a museum of art. layed on the ground to look up and the whole stain glass ceiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment